Global Automatization of Capacity Planning in Production
The increasing variance in the product portfolio of production companies continues to complicate the balance between the needs demanded by the market and the available production capacities.
To address the problem, the flexibility of the production network needs to be increased, more transparency in relevant processes needs to be created, and vertical integration in the value-added chain needs to be optimized from the raw part to the end product.
This should bring about more reliable and faster results in capacity planning.
As part of a corporate-wide project, PEC was commissioned to look after the design and optimization of the program and capacity planning process.
The main tasks included:
- Description of the requirements of a newly integrated IT system with the objective of automatically spreading customer demands across production capacities – cloud-based
- Coordination with planning divisions, logistics, IT and SAP
- Assumption of the role of Product Owner in agile development team according to SCRUM logic:
- Definition of use-cases for testing
- Performance of test sessions for validation
- Evaluation and inspection of IT system
- Rollout of the real product and capacity data in the system