Implementation of a Standardized Reporting and Communication Model
With a large number of projects with similar requirements concerning performance indicators and reporting, the absence of a standard can quickly lead to a lack of transparency and trust in the recipients of the information. The regular development of stand-alone solutions for each individual project continues to be time-consuming and prevents the project member from performing their actual job.
Likewise, the absence of a communication model within the team leads to a lack of transparency concerning the project’s status on one hand, and a lack of escalation opportunities for critical issues on the other. If needed, most of the time ad-hoc communication is reverted, which only results in a reactive solution.
This delays reaction to challenges and brings about additional risks within the project, especially during critical phases.
The introduction of a binding standard for reporting and communication relieves one’s own employees, increases the target audience’s trust in the information provided, and provides the organization with long-sighted control over its projects and activities.
The main tasks carried out by PEC consist of:
- Analysis of your existing reporting and communications structure with regard to the content, format, and integration of the overall structure
- Determination of your requirements and comparison with the current status for identification of the areas of activity
- Identification of the reporting target audience and their requirements in terms of content, format, and reporting frequency
- Review of the customer requirements for the integration of IT tools and, where necessary, extension of SharePoint or other solutions for a digital shop-floor
- Merger and improvement of the existing reporting content and formats in a consistent format in consideration of the requirements
- Development of a communication structure for the fulfillment of the necessary transparency and assurance of the flow of information in your organization
- Determination and adoption in cooperation with you
- Support during the introduction of the reporting and communication structure within the projects and your organization
- Review of the degree of fulfillment of the introduced reporting and communication structure and, as needed, determination of countermeasures