Project Management of Publicly Subsidized Projects
For companies, the public support of research & development projects by the federal ministries is associated with a substantial reduction of financial risk. The funding is tailored to fields of innovation & technology and directed towards companies through funding programs.
The investments in research & development projects are supported by funding programs at an average funding rate of 40%.
This, however, is also associated with administrative and project-specific requirements. Attention should be paid to a number of specifics starting from the project proposal to project controlling, all the way to project reporting. PEC is able to draw on its extensive experience gained from already executed projects.
- Specification of research objective
- Stakeholder analysis
- Work package planning (determination of WP-head & description of work packages in coordination with the project members)
- Type of cost planning and communication with the project sponsor
- Generation & coordination of project structure plan & project organigram
- Generation & coordination of project milestone planning
- Rough and detailed planning of budget & capacity distribution per work package
- Creation of the formal project proposal
- Project sponsor communication
- Execution of the kick-off event
Project Execution and Controlling
- Organization of project and sub-project discussions
- Specification of the annual finance plans
- Tracking budget, capacity per work package
- Monthly reports on budget and capacity status in collaboration with sub-project heads and Subsidy Controlling.
- Preparation of a change and reclassification proposal in the event of project changes
- Generation of a semi-annual and annual report for the federal ministry
- Final report as project documentation
- Final presentation for project discharge
- Project conclusion celebration with project team