Risk and Opportunity Management
The more ambitious the project objectives are with regard to deadlines, costs, innovations, and product changes, the more risks a project entails.
In order to be able to counteract negative effects, measures are necessary that take into consideration the complexity of increasing requirements imposed on new products.
- Effort to mitigate risks upfront is lower than later on in project
- Timely establishment of transparency
With a systematic and overarching risk and opportunity management system, hurdles and opportunities in product development can be identified early on, analyzed, and utilized. PEC provides support with strategy design, as well as process development and optimization with IT tools and supporting services.
Development of a suitable risk management strategy
PEC develops and optimizes individualized risk management strategies that are adapted to the given circumstances and needs.
Development of a proactive risk management process
PEC provides the structure and the operative implementation of the risk management system in the development phase – including the error elimination process (FMEA, root cause analysis, root conflict analysis, etc.).
System support through methods and tools
We use proven methods through the entire risk management process. PEC implements a proprietary PEC risk management tool with an integrated workflow for the systematic processing of risks. Efficiency is increased through the automated generation of status reports and risk statements.
- Implementation and execution of risk assessments
- Complete documentation, clustering, and description of project risks in the cross-functional risk dashboard
- Assessment of the severity and likelihood of risks, as well as the prioritization of the risks
- Definition, planning, approval, and tracking of measures
Integration of the risk management system in existing processes
PEC integrates the risk management system into customers’ processes and to other project management disciplines (maturity level management, budget planning, change management, etc.)