Risk and Opportunity Management
The more ambitious the project objectives are with regard to deadlines, costs, innovations, and product changes, the more risks a project entails.
In order to be able to counteract negative effects, measures are necessary that take into consideration the complexity of and increasing requirements imposed on new products.
- Effort to weaken a risk is usually less than the effort to remove a problem later on
- Timely establishment of transparency
With a systematic and overarching risk and opportunity management system, hurdles and opportunities in product development can be identified early on, analyzed, and utilized. PEC provides support with strategy design, as well as process development and optimization with IT tools and supporting services.
Development of a suitable risk management strategy
PEC develops and optimizes individualized risk management strategies that are adapted to the given circumstances and needs.
Development of a proactive risk management process
PEC provides the structure and the operative implementation of the risk management system in development – including the error elimination process (FMEA, root cause analysis, root conflict analysis, etc.).
System support through methods and tools
Use of proven methods through the entire risk management process. PEC implements a PEC risk management tool with a stored workflow for the systematic processing of risks. Increase of efficiency through the automated generation of status reports and risk statements
- Implementation and execution of risk assessments
- Complete logging, clustering, and description of project risks in the cross-functional risk control board
- Assessment of the extent of damage and the probability of occurrence, as well as the prioritization of the risk
- Elaboration, planning, approval, and tracking of measures
Integration of the risk management system in existing processes
PEC integrates the risk management system into customers’ processes through defined interfaces to further project management disciplines (degree of maturity, budget planning, errors, change management, etc.)