Series Change Processes
Products in the series phase, such as engines in the commercial vehicle sector, are subject to strict requirements in terms of quality and cost structure.
To remedy the quality deficiencies detected in the field or to improve the cost structure of the engines, comprehensive changes are required in short intervals in the series process. Also of utmost importance is the timely implementation of the determined changes.
In order to implement series changes in the best possible way in consideration of quality, time, and cost effect, a separate series management system is necessary.
Within the scope of the series production of commercial vehicle engines with the emission standard Euro 6, PEC was commissioned to further optimize the existing series management system:
- Extension of a consistent series change process
- Cross-divisional coordination of the series change process
- Analysis of the planned changes in the teamwork module
- Performance of cost analyses and the creation of decision documents
- Tracking of the agreed-upon changes from development to series launch
- Determination of the project’s success and report to top management
Through the central coordination and controlling departments, more than 2,000 series changes were implemented in each of the first two years in a timely and cost-conscious manner.